Day Surf Camps Summer 2012
The Nantucket Surfari experience focuses on all aspects of surfing and ocean awareness and is designed to teach the novice or build on the skills of the more seasoned surfer. Not only will you gain confidence in surfing but also learn about ocean safety, etiquette, swell forecasting, surf photography, how to choose and repair equipment and much more. Our programs can be tailored to meet the needs of adults, kids, families, and groups. Our instructors are chosen for their passion for surfing as well as their enthusiasm for teaching others how to surf. All instructors are certified in CPR/first aid and some hold a lifeguard certificate.
Camps are run four days for four hours a day. Weeks can either be morning camps which are from 9am to 1pm or mid-day camps which go from 10am to 2pm. Please see below for camp times and scheduling. Camp programs consist of a minimum of 3 to a maximum of 8 surfers. With six camp weeks scheduled for the 2012 season space is limited so be sure to reserve your space early!
Week Surf Program include the following:
- 4 days of surf instruction and assorted water based fun (surfing, body surfing, body boarding, stand up paddle surfing, and lots of beach fun)
- Transportation from Nantucket sUrfari to beaches for activities
- Prizes for everyone
- Use of necessary surfing and stand up paddle equipment
- Classroom instruction
2012 Day Camp Dates
- Session 1 June 27-29 Three Day Morning Short Program 9am-12pm
- Session 2 July 2-5 Four Day Morning Program 10am-2pm
- Session 3 July 10-13 Four Day Morning Program 9am-1pm
- Session 4 July 16-19 Four Day Mid-Day Program 10am-2pm
- Session 5 August 7-10 Four Day Morning Program 9am-1pm
- Session 6 August 13-16 Four Day Mid-Day Program 10am-2pm
Please contact us about June camps, or any other custom week or weekend packages. We will be open through Labor Day to take you surfing if you can handle it!
Day Camp Registration:
- Email or call to be sure we have the session you would like to attend available.
- Download our Day Program Registration PDF to print out and complete all pages.
- Please review our Cancellation Policy.
- Mail the completed forms to Nantucket sUrfari, 26 Central St, Manchester, MA 01944 along with a minimum deposit of 50% of the session price. Or you can use your credit card to pay either the deposit or full amount of the camp by calling 508-228-1235. then mail or fax your registration forms.
- We will contact you to confirm your reservations when your registration forms and deposit arrived.
*To view and print the forms download and use Adobe Reader if you don't already have it installed on your computer.
4 Day Surf Program (deposit)
Price - $247.50 per person per session (deposit-balance due upon first day of camp)
4 Day Surf Program (full payment)
Price - $495 per person per session (full session payment)
You can pay over the phone using your Visa or Master Card.