Travel Directions to Nantucket
We are located on Nantucket Island which is 30 miles south of Cape Cod. To get to the Island you should arrange ferry or flight reservations in advance. Below are links to the boatlines and airlines that serve Nantucket. Our office is located mid-Island which is approximately 1.5 miles from town and about 2 miles to the beach. We give our surf lessons on the south shore beaches including Ladies Beach, Cisco, Madaket, Madaquecham and Nobadeer. We can pick you up from the airport or ferry on request for a 3 hour Tour when you get to Nantucket.
Boston and Points North By Land
- Provides convenient, year-round service between Boston's Logan Airport and Hyannis. 508-771-6191
Private Car Take Rt 93 south to Rt 3 and keep heading south. When you cross the Sagamore Bridge onto the Cape head east on Rt 6 to Exit 6. Follow the signs to the airport or ferry. You can park in one of the lots maintained by the ferry companies, airport or one of the many nearby private lots for a daily fee. All lots charge by the calender day and it is best to arrive early to find a space.
Providence and Points South By Land
- Offers year-round bus service to Hyannis from New York, NY and Providence, RI. You can purchase tickets at the ticket window before boarding OR purchase advance tickets online or by phone and they will be mailed to you. 1-888-751-8800
Private Car Take Rt 195 east which turns into Rt 25 east to Rt 6 east to the Sagamore Bridge. When you cross the Sagamore Bridge onto the Cape, head east on Rt 6 to Exit 6. Follow the signs to the airport or ferry. You can park in one of the lots maintained by the ferry companies, airport or one of the many nearby private lots for a daily fee. All lots charge by the calender day and it is best to arrive early to find a space.
- Offers seasonal passenger ferry service (May - October). Carries passengers, bicycles and most pets. Parking in private lot available. Approximately 1 hour and 30 minute crossing. 508-432-8999
- Provides year-round, high-speed ferry service (1 hour crossing) as well as seasonal passenger-only service (May - October); First-class section available. Approximately a 2 hour crossing. Carries passengers, bicycles and pets. Parking available in Hyannis for a fee. 508-778-2600
- Hy-Line also offers seasonal service (late June through early September) between Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard. Approximately 2 hour 15 minute crossing. 508-778-2600
- Provides year-round vehicle and passenger ferry service. Car reservations are necessary. Carries passengers (no advance reservations necessary), bicycles (for fee) and pets. Secured parking available in Hyannis for a fee. Approximately 2 hour 15 minute crossing. 508-477-8600
- The Steamship Authority offers high speed passenger-only ferry service between Hyannis and Nantucket. Reservations are highly recommended. No vehicles; limited bicycle space. Secured parking available in Hyannis for a fee. Approximately 60 minute crossing. 508-495-FAST
- Provides year-round service to Nantucket Memorial Airport from Boston, Hyannis, Martha's Vineyard, New Bedford and Providence, RI. Reservations: 1-800-352-0714
- Provides seasonal service to Nantucket from Newark, NJ. Reservations: 1-800-525-0280
- Provides convenient year-round service between Barnstable Municipal Airport in Hyannis and Nantucket Memorial Airport --- with hourly departures. Reservations: 1-800-248-7779
- Provides year-round service to Nantucket Memorial Airport from Hyannis. Reservations: 1-800-635-8787
- Provides service to Nantucket Memorial Airport from Hyannis, New York-LaGuardia, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. Reservations: 1-800-428-4322